As you will see from the photographs the school is now almost complete and it’s looking, as ever, like a very impressive building.
Key activities that have been carried out since July include:
- On the main building which includes classrooms, office/storeroom and toilet block, the lower blockwork walls have been rendered and painted.
- Concrete columns have been painted
- Upper timber frame walls have been clad with hardwood
- The pivoting windows and the doors have been fixed in place.
- The rainwater harvesting system, with the poly tanks have been completed. This will enable rainwater to be collected and used for washing, cooking and drinking.
- The kitchen is almost complete
- The toilet block is well underway.
Outstanding activities to be completed are as follows:
Internal tasks include:
- Tiling, painting and fitting the WC in the toilet block as well as fitting the Bio-digester
- Varnishing doors and windows
- Fixing classroom and kitchen shelves.
External tasks include:
- Outside teaching areas
- Compound grass and planting
- Entrance bridges