Ahobre Early Years Complex is on schedule and over the last few weeks you can really start to see the school taking shape. The Early Years Complex includes a kindergarten block and a primary school block.
Key activities carried out this month on the kindergarten block include:
- All 15 trusses have been erected.
- The partition block walls have been laid.
- The stud walls have been started and are currently 60% complete.
Progress on the primary block includes:
- The upper ring beam formworks are almost completely fixed ready to cast the concrete ring beam.
Other key activities over the past few weeks include:
- Two toilet pits have been dug, one for the kindergarten block and one for the primary block.
- The formwork for the kerbs, which will outline the two external teaching areas have been fixed.
A community engagement meeting was held at the Ahobre Chief’s Palace with some of the Sabre construction management team, the Ahobre Junior High School Headmaster and the Ahobre Primary School Headmistress. The Ahobre Community was represented by the Chief, with his linguist and four elders.