There has been great progress over the last month at Ahobre. It is fantastic to see the roof on the Kindergarten block and the Primary block is not far behind. here is a summary of the key activities that happened in August.
- Fixing of roofing sheets;
- Fitting of door and window frames;
- Laying of the block partition walls;
- Fixing of stud walls
- Rendering of block walls
- Fixing of mosquito nets and insulation to roof.
- Fixing of the ring beam formworks and the truss shoes;
- Concrete pour for the ring beam;
- Fixing and fastening of the roof trusses with bolts, washers and nuts.
- The formworks for one of the toilet pits has started and the first concrete pour was completed.
August saw the Community Liaison Officer for Tullow, Francis Amihere, visit the site to assess the progress of works.
Ahobre and our school construction site at Akwidaa were also visited by a Save the Children film crew. The crew spent two days at Ahobre talking to our site team, the local community and chief, to create a film to demonstrate to other NGOs the importance of community engagement in building safer schools. Find out more about this here in our blog http://sabre.education/save-children-visit-school-construction-sites/.