POSITION: Training Officer
LOCATION: Greater Accra Region
REPORTING TO: Training Manager
Sabre Education is a development organisation working in close collaboration with the local education authorities in the Central, Western and Eastern Regions of Ghana, to support the implementation of the Ghana Education Service’s plans to scale up quality kindergarten education nationwide.
The role holder will assist with the facilitation of Sabre’s transformational teacher training programme and assist the Training Manager and other team members to ensure smooth delivery of all elements of the programme.
- Work with programme partners to ensure that all stakeholders are fully engaged in the training process and supportive of the programme goals.
- Liaise with the Learning team, to ensure that the required data is collected and analysed correctly to demonstrate evidence-based results and learning.
- Coordinate the Programme Management Meetings, including setting agenda and recording minutes.
- Work with Training Manager, trainers and partners to coordinate training workshops, both in terms of logistics and resources/materials.
- Work with Training Manager, Program Director and Accountant to review performance against the project budget, ensuring value for money on all deliverables and good budget administration in accordance with approved budget.
- Support the Training Manager and other Training Officers in preparing and delivering training-the-trainer workshops.
- Prepare internal project reports, which will form the basis of termly updates to partners and donor reports.
- Provide technical support in the development of concept notes and proposals for fundraising
- Support any other activities that furthers the goals of the Brighter Futures Programme, as required.
- Team player & easily adaptable
- Teachable and ready to learn
- Efficient & Reliable
- Good sense of judgement.
- Ability to facilitate learning programmes
- Ability to formulate project plans and proposals for external partners
- Knowledge in project management principles
- Basic knowledge in research or monitoring and evaluation of outcomes
- Knowledge in early childhood education or child development
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a first degree in Education (Basic or Early Childhood), Social Work or Project Management from a recognised tertiary institution with at least 2 years post national service relevant work experience
Prior knowledge in facilitation and project management will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 16th January 2020