Construction works at Akwidaa Model Kindergarten School in the Ahanta West District are progressing really well.
Key activities that have happened over the last month include:
- The upper ring beam has been cast. You can see the full process in the images below, which includes the fixing of formwork, the placement of metal truss shoes, pouring of concrete, curing and removing the formwork.
- Roof trusses have been assembled and fixed on cast concrete ring beam. After fixing the purlin on the trusses, the roofing sheets can then be laid on it.
- Embankments have been made to prevent flooding.
- Concrete works on the kitchen have been completed and construction of the wooden frame has begun.
- The toilet pit has been dug and the formwork has been fixed.
- Platform for the Poly Tank has been started.